- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of Core Banking systems (AS400 , RPG & Wintel).
- Install and upgrade system components and software, manage servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Provide advice on system finetuning, health check, improvement, support scheduler jobs/tasks.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Minimum 2-4 years working on IBM i machines.
- Working experience developing in RPG, RPG IV, RPG Free, ILE, CL, CLLE, RLU & SDA.
- Working experience in using SQL/400.
- Familiar with online/batch processing requirement.
- Familiar with using Data Queue.
- Ability to read existing program logic to determine how/where changes are required.
- Knowledge on which opcode to use for better performance is an added advantage.
- Experience in using Aldon source control will be added advantage.